- A timed sprinkler system uses water efficiently because it can be set to run over night when temperatures are coolest and the evaporation rate is lowest.
- Use mulch around trees and plants. A layer of mulch cools flower beds and slows evaporation while keeping down weeds.
- Watering in the heat of the day or in windy conditions waists water because it will evaporate or blow away.
- Invest in a rain switch. It will automatically shut off watering during rain storms.
- Let your grass grow two and a half to three inches long. Longer turf means less watering and mowing.
- Landscaping can increase residential property values by 7% and add as much as 15% to the selling price of a home.
Helpful Yard Tips from Olympus Irrigation
Leave a reply